Donnelly Centre 2018 Annual Report
With this report, we would like to thank Terrence Donnelly, whose initial gift helped found the Centre in 2005, and whose ongoing support, along with that of other benefactors, is ensuring that the Centre's remains at the leading edge of biomedical discovery.
This report highlights some of our researchers' accomplishments in increasing our understanding of the molecular underpinnings of health and disease and in translating these insights into new patient therapies. We would also like to take this opportunity to highlight our outstanding students and postdoctoral fellows who are training at the Centre to become leading researchers in their fields.
Scroll down to learn more about our achievements over the past 12 months.
OUR RESEARCHERS' DISCOVERIES REVEALED NEW MOLECULAR INSIGHTS INTO HEALTH AND DISEASE
OUR RESEARCHERS HAVE BEEN RECOGNIZED BY HIGHEST AWARDS AND WON NEW APPOINTMENTS
Other notable appointments:
- Warren Chan was named Canada Research Chair in Nanobioengineering and is listed among top one percent of highly cited researchers globally.
- Quaid Morris was promoted to the rank of Professor and named an inaugural CIFAR AI Chair. Morris was also among top one percent of highly cited researchers in the world.
- Ben Blencowe had his appointment as Banbury Research Chair renewed.
- Penney Gilbert was promoted to the rank of Associate Professor.
- Hannes Röst received the prestigious Connaught Fellowship.
THE DONNELLY CENTRE IN NUMBERS
OUR RESEARCHERS ARE DEVELOPING NEW TOOLS FOR DETECTING AND TREATING DISEASE
THROUGH COLLABORATIVE SCIENCE AND OTHER PARTNERSHIPS OUR RESEARCHERS' DISCOVERIES HAVE A WIDER IMPACT
MEET OUR GRADUATE STUDENTS WHO WON AWARDS THIS YEAR
MEET OUR AWARD-WINNING POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWS AND RESEARCH ASSOCIATES
THROUGH YOUTH SCIENCE OUTREACH WE HELP NURTURE THE NEXT GENERATION OF SCIENTISTS
A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR DONORS FOR THEIR SUPPORT
THANKS EVERYONE FOR ANOTHER GREAT YEAR!